seniors

May 12, 2017

Class of 2018 VIPteam Vintage School Day

The end of the school year can be a difficult time since I’m saying farewell to my graduating senior class. But the thing that gets me through it is the excitement of the new oncoming VIPteam and this group is my largest yet!! When I created a VIPteam program for my seniors, I had a few things in mind. I wanted to invest in the lives of these young women at what can be a vulnerable and life-changing milestone. I think my motivation was how unsure and awkward I felt at their age (heck, I still feel that way!) and how I would have loved another person to be in my corner.

It’s absolutely nuts thinking about how my VIPteam has grown the last 5 years. I went from 2 girls, to 7, 10, 13, and this year THIRTY girls! The only qualifications these amazing seniors must possess are to be kind, genuine, and inspiring young women. They are all of that and more! Goodness, my heart!

I had a blast last weekend putting together a fun “Vintage School Day” shoot for them and although we had to dodge some unexpected downpours, wet grass, and dark clouds, it was a perfect afternoon. So, let’s get to it!

Introducing the lmpVIPteam Class of 2018!

Brooke – Glen Allen High School

Claire – Deep Run High School

Gracie – Deep Run High School

Carter – West Point High School

Sydney – Glen Allen High School

Abby – Glen Allen High School

Mary – Glen Allen High School

Want to purchase our Look Book from this shoot? Click here! Proceeds will benefit the Richmond Area Girls and Boys Clubs!

Special thanks to my assistant Hayley Lane (VIPteam17)

Tim & Noah Matthews – parking and maintenance

All the parents for sharing your daughters with me!

All of the Class of 2018 VIPteam members for their patience as I learn to handle a large group! xoxo

laura matthews icon

I'm so thankful when you share!

I love to read your comments!

1. Ashleigh

May 12th, 2017 at 12:34 pm

Oh my goodness, how adorable are these vintage photos of these gals! Virginia senior photographer high five!

2. Dallas Beams

May 12th, 2017 at 1:43 pm

Great shots of beautiful people. when my kids are ready for senior pictures, we will be calling Laura Matthews!

3. Winnie

May 12th, 2017 at 2:56 pm

Laura, I love these! What a creative approach to capturing senior photography. All the vintage touches are beautiful. Congrats to these Richmond area seniors!

4. Kerlyn Van Gelder

May 12th, 2017 at 2:59 pm

Wow these photographs are all so gorgeous! You capture the Richmond seniors so beautifully!

5. Gina

May 12th, 2017 at 3:24 pm

Great shots! They all look ready for the world! These seniors must have been very grateful to have a photographer like you in Richmond, Virginia.

6. sarah

May 12th, 2017 at 9:17 pm

I bet these seniors are thrilled to have such incredible portraits by the very best Richmond, Virginia senior photographer

7. Jennifer

May 13th, 2017 at 9:28 am

What a great group of senior gals. You are an amazing Richmond Senior Photographer. You took the time to get shots that capture each one of their individual personalities. Beautiful.

8. Alyssa

May 13th, 2017 at 9:51 am

oh they are all so lovely!

9. Tiara Wilson

May 13th, 2017 at 11:34 am

Wow. I loved looking through all of these senior’s portraits. You’re absolutely talented. I have a few friends in Richmond, Virginia who would love to have you capture their senior portraits. I’ll have to send them your way! Keep up the great work!

10. Valerie

May 13th, 2017 at 3:38 pm

You are an amazing Richmond senior photographer! All of the girls look sooo beautiful!

11. Brittany Slaughter

May 14th, 2017 at 10:04 pm

These Richmond Virginia senior photos are so lovely! Love the books and vintage camera as props

12. Lindsay

May 15th, 2017 at 9:17 am

Gorgeous shots by this Richmond,Virginia Senior photographer! Your sessions are beautiful and I am really loving those bus shots!